Business For Sale QUEENSLAND 4403, Queensland
Business Category Hotel Pubs Restaurant
$220,000 + SAV
Charming Country Pub - Freehold Or Lease
*About The Business*
The Jondaryan Hotel a beautifully renovated QLD pub with plenty of country charm and a cosy atmosphere.
Unlike many country hotels, which are often tucked away in rural towns, this pub is in prime position on one of the busiest highways in Queensland, The Warrego Highway.
The pub is just a half-an-hour drive from Australia’s second largest inland city, Toowoomba, and two hours west of Brisbane.
- It’s situated directly on the Warrego Highway, which is used by between 40,000 and 25,000 vehicles a day. The highway is the main arterial road used by tourists, and trucking and freight companies to get to Darwin and Western Australia.
- It's 30km to an international and domestic airport
- This provides the business with a constant flow of customers pulling in seven days a week, from truck drivers needing a shower and home cooked meal to grey nomads looking for drinks and a game of pool as they explore the historic town.
*About The Area*
It’s just a hop, skip and jump to the heritage-listed Jondaryan Woolshed, a highly-sought after wedding venue and tourist attraction showcasing the history of sheep farming in Australia.
Not only is the pub busy with tourists, but it has large industry workplaces close by. There are two abattoirs, two animal feedlots and a coal mine all just a stone’s throw away - not to mention the surrounding agricultural properties and regular customers from the township itself.
It's one of the oldest pubs in Queensland, having been licensed since 1860. It boasts the perfect mix of old and new with some of the building’s original features still intact, including the double-sided fire place.
The great thing about this classic pub is it doesn’t need any work done because much investment has been spent in preserving the beautiful building which sprawls across half-an-acre block.
- Brand new kitchen
- New paint job
- New flooring
- New furniture
- Large bar
- Brand new kitchen for meals
- Poker Machines
- Managers' quarters
- Five accommodation rooms
- New POS system
- Surround sound + projector screen
Licensed for trade Monday - Sunday 10.00am - Midnight
*Reason For Sale*
The same owners have lived, worked and bought their family up at the Jondaryan Hotel for the last 21 years. They’ve decided it’s time for a new chapter closer to their adult children, who have now moved away.
* The leasehold is $220,000 for ten years (five years with a five year option)
* A shorter lease can be negotiated
* The freehold is POA/taking expressions of interest
Similar Businesses For Sale