Business For Sale Geelong, Victoria 3220
Business Category Civil-Construction Engineering Manufacturer Property Real Estate
Geelong's Consulting Engineers
An established business in engineering consultancy with a commanding market share of niche requirements, Geelong’s Consulting Engineers are the leaders in the industry. Established in 2014, they opened their office in the Geelong CBD in 2018 to service the Victoria region.
Geelong’s Consulting Engineers specialises in structural design and consulting for natural residential buildings- straw bale, rammed earth, and mud brick. They service local residential structural design, as well as civil design, and wastewater land application systems. Designing multi-story residential and commercial straw and earth buildings using the latest software for 3D modelling.
All of the employees are qualified engineers.
Geelong’s Consulting Engineers provide consulting in the following products and services: Civil - consulting, design, and soil testing. Compliance – audits, performance-based solutions (for conventional and alternative materials). Environmental – consulting, design, and soil testing. Structural – consulting and design (for conventional and alternative materials).
The key features of the business are:
• Industry leaders in natural building engineering design.
• Their niche focus in sustainable residential design allows customers to find them and to provide services remotely.
• They can be flexible and communicate well with a small team of engineers.
• They have 2 locations; one in NSW and one in Vic, which allows them to have relationships and movement over a large area.
• They have experience in solving compliance issues, both pre- and post-build.
• Ability to solve problems with a large amount of experience in a small team.
• Experience with natural building; rare in engineering consultancies.
• Experience in providing solutions for compliance issues that other engineers and architects are not confident or experienced in.
• They have relationships with architects and builders that like to use their services, so they refer their clients to them.
What makes this business successful?
Customers come from Victoria, NSW, and QLD, from small businesses or individuals, and are those looking for compliance consulting, residential structural design, Land Capability Assessments, and soil testing. Many customers are repeat customers, architects, and builders, and some are once-off clients such as owner builders. These customers often come from word of mouth and referrals or those seeking their service. They also service State and Local Government Agencies through tenders.
Marketing and advertising are minimal, customers come via word of mouth, referrals, and tenders. They have a website where customers can research and make contact about their services and social media platform Facebook. They have not needed to advertise the business as they are increasingly busy without it.
An increasingly growing business with a regular client base of government, small business, architects, builders, and individuals, they have worked hard to become the leaders in their industry. There is a great opportunity to expand further by growing their team to take on a higher workload and run campaigns for natural building design. The sky is the limit in a growing industry bound only by design creativity.
If working in engineering consultancy with a qualified team of staff is your calling, enquire now.
Complete your online enquiry for a confidential discussion with the lead broker and receive a comprehensive Business Profile and Market Review.
Finn Business Sales
Geelong and South West Victoria
Broker: Laurie Farrell
*Images are used for advertising purposes. Actual business images may not appear.
Similar Businesses For Sale
Building and Construction Engineering Manufacturer
Engineering Manufacturer Furniture Manufacturer