Business For Sale Brisbane, Queensland 4000
Business Category Marine Other Retail Trade Services
Marine Workshop Of National Reputation
Why do boat dealerships from 5 Australian states and several international companies send their propellers to this one workshop in Bulimba?
There's simply no other specialist service on the east coast of Australia who can deliver and certify work to the level of Performance Propellers.
The owner Colin Lough is offering his successor the workshop, equipment, training, and contracts to become a certified International Standards Organisation (ISO) technician and replace him as one of Australia's leading propeller technicians.
*About The Business*
Performance Propellers uses the world's most accurate scanning tool (PropScan®) to identify and fix inaccuracies in propeller geometry and optimise performance. This results in significant fuel savings, increased boat speed, reduced vibration, correct engine RPM and correct engine loading for a wide range of commercial, military, and recreational boats.
What makes this business unique is that it's certified at the highest level of accuracy by International (ISO-484/2) Standards. Further, they’ve developed a new (even higher) class of accuracy by investing in advanced software that records 57 precise measurements at each cross-section of the propeller.
As a result of this unique capability, the workshop has customers across Tasmania, South Australia, Victoria, NSW, and Queensland who are sending their propellers up to 2400km to be serviced by Performance Propellers.
They're the only Certified Volvo Penta Propeller Repairer on the Australian East Coast, and one of their contracts is to certify every Volvo Penta propeller that hits the water for Riviera Boats.
About The Opportunity
The sale of the business includes:
• Bulimba Workshop with $160,000 worth of equipment at current resale valuation. Includes three Prop Scan units upgraded in 2018 for $90,000 (this represents a long-term investment, with the previous unit lasting over 20 years).
• 6 months of on-the-job training under Colin's tuition. You will become a certified ISO technician and learn to use the world's best scanning equipment to its maximum capability.
• Exclusive partnerships with referring boat dealerships. You will be shown current work orders, and written letters of endorsement from partners.
• Colin is offering further drop-in support for 12 months. This means you can call him in for big or unusual jobs, problem solving, busy periods, or other guidance.
Who will this suit?
• Ambition: Someone who takes pride in producing work of distinction and is interested in operating a workshop of national reputation.
• Skills: No specific skills or previous experience required (extensive training provided on the job).
• Location: The workshop’s current location in Bulimba, Brisbane is ideal - situated close to the Brisbane River, with a lease that can be extended as required. And the current owner lives nearby for ongoing support. However, the business is fully relocatable for anyone motivated to set up in a new location.
• Workload: With current work levels the business requires two staff, full time. Will suit an owner-operator with an employee or apprentice (or perhaps co-owners). The workshop has the equipment and space for more staff when expansion demands.
Why is the owner selling?
Colin is turning 61 this year and has plans to retire and travel, but not until the new owner is competent and established. He's allowing 6 months for full-time training and another 12 months of further support before he embarks on any adventures.
Future of the business
Performance Propellers Pty Ltd has been a successful business for 20 years, and is set for another 20 or more years on the back of consistent service demands and referrals of business; a sustained competitive advantage in this market; and a large recent investment in tools and software for the long-term.
Find out more...
Phone Colin on XXXXXXXXXX to make a time to visit the workshop. He'll walk you through the business, ISO Certification and Grading, results (and testimonials), current work orders, and letters of endorsement from long-standing customers.
Performance Propellers Pty. Ltd. - Colin Lough
80 Taylor St, Bulimba
Phone 61+7+ XXXXXXXXXX Fax 61+7+ XXXXXXXXXX
7.30 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Thursday
7.30 to 1.30 Friday
Overtime if required.
1 x 3 ton Forklift $10.000
1 x 3 phase Mig Welder $5000.00
1 x 15 app Tig Welder $500.00
1 complete small propeller straightening table $500.00
3 complete medium propeller straightening tables $3000.0
2 complete big propeller straightening tables $5000.00
2 x complete 42” RTBP Prop Scan units with computers and software. $80.000.00
1 x RB120 Prop Scan unit with computer and software. $40.000.00
1 x cordless Hilti Drill $350.00
1 x cordless Hilti Screwdriver with charger $350.00
1 x 3 phase Nilfisk Vacuum cleaner $300.00
5 x 22” single phase pedestal fans $500.00
1 x 3 phase drill machine $150.00
1 x 3 phase lathe 2 metre bed 440 mm dia swing $18.000.00
1 x dust extraction system $50.000.00
1 x Rotary Vane Air Compressor $8000.00
1 x Air Dryer $3500.00
4 complete Propeller Balancing systems $4500.00
1 security camera and computer $300.00
6 medium size single blade Propeller measuring jigs bolts and spacers $9000.00
1 massive single blade propeller measuring jig with spacers and adaptors to suit lots of different blade hub designs $10.000.00
1 Big Propeller table with bolts washers nuts etc etc $10.000.00
2 x 12” x 100 ton Hydraulic Jacks
2 x 11” x 50 ton Hydraulic Jacks
1 x 7” x 50 ton Hydraulic Jack
2 x 5” x 50 ton Hydraulic Jacks
2 x 6.5” x 10 ton Hydraulic Jacks
2 x 4.5” x 30 ton Hydraulic Jacks
For more information, please call Colin on XXXXXXXXXX or email XXXXXXXXXX .
Similar Businesses For Sale
Auto Accessories and Parts Franchise Business Opportunities