Business For Sale The Fresh Flower Market, Warrnambool, Victoria 3280
Business Category Nursery Gardening
Warrnambool’s Fresh Flower Market & Weerite Gerbera Farm
Producing upper mid-six-figure returns these combined businesses – The Fresh Flower Market and Weerite Gerbera Farm (Freehold included in the sale price), provide high-quality fresh flowers to three wholesalers, numerous florists, and the Warrnambool retail store customers 12 months of the year.
The Fresh Flower Market - which is available to purchase separately without the inclusion of The Weerite Gerbera Farm Freehold, operates from a large, shed warehouse in an ideal location in Warrnambool and runs an eCommerce site where arrangements and gifts can be purchased online.
The Fresh Flower Market is now the largest wholesale flower seller in South West Victoria. With an increasing demand for cut flowers from customers around South West Victoria and Melbourne, the business continues to grow.
The key features of the business are:
• Growing their own product, Gerberas gives flexibility and control oversupply
• Supplying fresh flowers to the public via the retail store and to 3 wholesalers maximises profits
• Supplying flowers 52 weeks of the year means the business is sizable and able to service public and wholesale customers
• The established and profitable Fresh Flower Market comes with a sizeable cool room keeping flowers fresh for longer
• The Fresh Flower Market also source flowers from the Melbourne market weekly to give customers a variety
• The Fresh Flower Market can offer low prices for their flowers, bouquets, and arrangements due to also being the supplier
• The sale includes the established Fresh Flower Market business and the farm freehold with wholesale clients
• Farm 4380 sq. m, Farming Zone (ZF), Farming Zone – Schedule 1 (FZ1), Perimeter 297 m
What makes the business successful?
The Fresh Flower Market retail store sells cut flowers to the public for wholesale prices and beautiful flower arrangements and bouquets. They also sell an assortment of gifts and gift cards. The Fresh Flower Market retail customers can order flowers and gifts from their website, where they offer a daily $10 delivery service to Warrnambool and $20 delivery to its surroundings.
The Fresh Flower Market has cold storage in the store and transit, ensuring all stock is kept fresh. The Fresh Flower Market in Warrnambool also source other types of quality fresh flowers from the Footscray markets directly from growers all over Australia and internationally twice weekly.
Weerite, a small country town about a one-hour drive from Warrnambool, grows the flowers. The farm also has cold storage and hydroponics for the specially built hothouses that grow the specialty gerbera flowers. The cool room at the farm stores the flowers until they are sent out (daily) for florists and wholesalers, as well as the Warrnambool store.
With room to expand flower growth at the farm by adding three more hothouses, it leaves more opportunity to build the business and add other flower species. The farm's highway location would also make it ideal for opening to the public to sell flowers directly. A short drive to Camperdown would make farm sales a viable option that appeals to locals and travellers alike.
If you are looking for a secure business in control of the floriculture production and flower retailing, with established wholesale and retail customers, a retail and eCommerce store, and the largest wholesale flower seller in South West Victoria, enquire now.
Complete your online enquiry for a confidential discussion with the lead broker and receive a comprehensive Business Profile and Market Review.
Price $1,129,000 + SAV (includes Weerite Flower Farmland Sale and The Fresh Flower Market Business)
Finn Business Sales
Geelong and South West Victoria
Broker: Ashley Brimacombe
Similar Businesses For Sale
This business is somewhat unique and has no similar competition in this region, category or price bracket.