Business For Sale Geelong, Victoria 3220
Business Category Restaurant Takeaway Food
King George Fish & Chips
Geelong’s waterfront fish and chip food icon traded strongly through covid-19 lockdowns with revenues over $1 million per annum and seamless operations offering local, regional, interstate, and international customers (with international borders open) the best fish and chips.
Located on the trendy waterfront on Western Beach Road, Geelong, a short walk from the city centre, King George Fish and Chips set out to be the best in the industry; the restaurant is one of a kind. Food is high quality and prepared by professional chefs giving customers one of the best dining experiences possible.
The King George menu includes sustainable seafood, burgers, souvlakis, salads, tacos, a large selection of sides and snacks, alcohol, and kid’s meals. They also heavily cater to gluten-free customers and other dietary requirements.
The key features of the business are:
• Location - one of the first shops visible when coming into Geelong with exceptional views and plenty of parking across the road
• Located at the base of a building holding 45 apartments, the premise size allows catering for large group sizes
• A fantastic reputation, known for excellent quality food, including a gluten-free menu (one of only three fish and chip shops to cater to gluten-free) and an alcohol license until 12 AM
• Great menu - unique for a fish and chips experience
• A straightforward operation with automation software platforms for ordering and delivery
• Very loyal local following with additional regular weekend repeat customers from Melbourne
• Professional, friendly service with a great team of staff of one head chef, one sous chef, two chefs, two front of house/ supervisors and nine front of house staff
What makes the business successful?
King George adapted exceptionally well to Covid. Although they have taken a hit in revenue from the loss of Chinese tourists (top-rated on WECHAT), King George made up for it with their quick response to take away and delivery options. The benefits of lockdowns are a 40% increase in day-trippers to the region every weekend, reflected in sales.
Take away or dine in, table service and self-ordering with payment via their mobile web-based ordering platform, Mr Yum, makes for a magical seamless experience. Completing orders is simple via a digital menu. Customers scan the QR code or visit online, place an order, and pay per person or as a group. Food is then delivered to the seat or picked up at the counter with an automated SMS notification that food is ready.
King George reputation speaks for itself, utilising social media platforms Facebook and Instagram to post promotions, specials and showcase the food. Word of mouth continues to generate customers, and their already loyal following of 3600 plus social followers actively engage with promotional posts.
Summer is the peak time for the business due to the weather and events held at the waterfront. Weekends with nice weather, regardless of winter or summer, attract many people and sales, and strong winter trade with a frequent loyal customer base.
King George is ideally located for the corporate workers in the area and is a major attraction of the Geelong Christmas tree during December situated at the front of the shop.
The business has a secure lease of 3x5x5x5 and revenues over $1 million per annum with seamless operations and tangible rewards to a new owner.
Complete your online enquiry for a confidential discussion with the lead broker and receive a comprehensive Business Profile and Market Review.
Price $450,000 + SAV
Finn Business Sales
Geelong and South West Victoria
Broker: Laurie Farrell
*Images are used for advertising purposes. Actual business images may not appear.
Similar Businesses For Sale
Cafe and Coffee Shop Restaurant
Cafe and Coffee Shop Restaurant
Catering Franchise Business Opportunities