Successful Medical Software Business For Sale | First Time On The Market For 20 Years

Business Sold Sydney, New South Wales 2000

Business Category Mobile Services



Successful Medical Software Business For Sale | First Time On The Market For 20 Years

The owner has been owner/operator of this successful medical software business catering to the Anaesthetics practitioners for the last 20 years and is interested in finding a buyer to continue his legacy. 

This vendor is working towards retirement and will transition with the new owner for 3 to 12 months, depending on the package offered and agreement reached. He has a short term lease in a Sydney shopping centre only because this location suits him. There is a lease until the middle of 2019 so if the new buyer wants to remain in this location, they can have a long term lease from the shopping centre or alternatively, they can pick up and move this business to a home office or perhaps to a services office space. Ideally, the business would suit an existing software support company or practice management system looking to add additional users to their current client base. 

Currently doing both the 'help desk' and the programmer/updates 'technical' side of the business, the owner is more passionate about helping users with their issues than going out and building the business by getting more users onboard. His goal is to not be in the office every day/all day after the sale of the business and is hoping the new buyer will continue to provide great service to his 'sticky' medical clients who love his programme and have been very loyal to it. 

With a large number of both group and single users, being 200 practice locations representing more than 1200 specialists, the income has remained stable with an annual increase in the fess charged at CPI. The software is not cloud based so this is an opportunity for the new buyer to take it to the next level. The software doesn't manage patient bookings, it is purely a billings package. Some of the users use a virtual server which is not fully 'maxed out' in capacity and can sign into the system from anywhere in the country. The owner has a number of large interstate-based groups and billing services covering 50 to 100 doctor users per group. From a support perspective, it is easy for him to have then logged in like this as then he can access their systems as required for updates or changes. 90% of the software users are anaesthetics with the remaining 10% of users being intensivists or drs working within management groups that use this software.  

Income to this business is primary through subscriptions for support  and upgrades. There is an annual licensing/subscription fee payable. The new user gets to download a trial programme with a help file; if they like it they can buy it and receive ongoing email support. With each annual membership there is 2 hrs free of telephone support, after which his time is billed out at an hourly fee. 

If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please email XXXXXXXXXX call on XXXXXXXXXX for a confidential conversation.

To enquire on this business visit XXXXXXXXXX ​and click on "enquire now"
For full details contact Sally Stuart on XXXXXXXXXX on XXXXXXXXXX .
Ref: #NSW08922
Note: The purchaser to make his/her own investigations and enquiries in relation to the business and not to rely upon warranty or statement made by the vendor or by anyone on his/her behalf.
Ref: NSW08922
Timestamp: XXXXXXXXXX 0134
Contact Seller
Paul Helliwell

Bsale ID: 565164
Broker REF: NSW08922

Link Sydney