7 Hair Salons for Sale under $300,000
7 Hair Salons for Sale under $300,000
Owning a hair salon can be a very profitable and viable step for many hair and beauty stylists in their careers. It is often seen as a natural progression for hairdressers, beginning their career working in a salon and learning the tools of the trade to then wanting to progress to running their own salon with their clientele. Bsale has hundreds of hair salons for sale across all of Australia with many offering an affordable price point to get into the market.
Hair salons are typically one of the most common paid services that women seem to make and according to the ATO, hair salons with an annual turnover of up to $150,000 can typically expect an average of 55% of that going to expenses, leaving plenty of room for profit and growth.
Benefits of Buying a Hair Salon
- Instant Clientele - as any hairdresser will tell you, one of the biggest grinds of salon work is building a large client base. Buying an already-established hair salon will come with the added bonus of loyal clients. You can then build on this customer base through further marketing and word of mouth.
- Salon Fit Out - opening a salon from scratch can quickly add up to a hefty expense when you consider all of the equipment that needs to be purchased to get it up and running. Buying a hairdressing salon will typically come with the equipment needed to get right to work, basins, products, styling equipment, furniture and POS registers are all included!
- Transparent Financials- if you are buying a hair salon it is important to make sure you get a clear look at the financial papers and have an accountant run through them with you. You will see a clear view of the profit margin and expenses and get an idea of how you can improve and expand on this.
- Staff in Place- buy a salon that is already established and you can expect to have the staff in place to ensure a smooth transition and handover. The bonus to this is that the salons' clients will find the process easier as their favourite hair stylist will still be on board to make sure their colour is perfect.
Looking to buy a Hair Salon in Australia for under $300,000? Here are 7 businesses you should consider on Bsale.
1. Hair Salon - Knoxfield, VIC
Price: Price On Application
This hair salon business for sale is located in an affluent suburb of Knoxfield. This strip shop location has plenty of parking available for clients right outside the front door. Established over 40 years in the same location. A reputation for exceptional service and expertise has ensured that it has retained its clients and established new ones.
- Well-presented modern chic salon
- Cheap rent of $2,200 per calendar month including GST
- Trading 5 days per week
- 9 hair stations, 3 wash basins, potential to add more stations
- A new long lease is available
- The average turnover is approx. $4,000 - $5,000 per week
2. Fully Managed Luxury Hair Salon - Unley, SA
Price: $90,000 + SAV
Luxury Hair salon in prime location in the city of Unley with shops galore & loads of passing traffic. Fully Managed, this salon is sophistication at its finest with expensive fixtures & fittings and perfect for contemporary hairdressing. But looks are not everything this salon also comes with solid bookings and large database of regular clients.
- Long established
- Prime main street strip shop location
- Luxury fit out
- 8 stations, 4 basins
- Stunning retail space
- Computer system
- Profit $60k per annum
3. Claudia Cydney Hair Studio - Myaree, WA
This top hair salon conveniently located in one of the busiest local shopping precincts, with an array of well-known neighbouring convenience stores, including local schools keeps passing trade at a premium.
- Loyal customers in place who offer referrals
- Consist of ample parking space
- With five-star customer service reviews
- Fantastic social media coverage
- Ideal for owner/operator
- Stunningly appointed in an excellent location
- Established Website in place
4. Hair Salon - Sutherland Shire, NSW
Price: $149,000 + SAV
This award-winning salon is situated in the Sutherland Shire along a busy shopping strip, with plenty of parking spots surrounding the salon. It has been successfully operating for over 8 years with no competition in the surrounding area.
- Long Lease (6 Years)
- Cheap Rent for the ideal location
- Under Semi Management – Owner only work in the business 15 hours per week
- Long Term Staff of 2 Full-Time Seniors and a Casual 2nd Year Apprentice
- Recently refreshed Interior Décor.
- Over 2000 Instagram Followers and 1650 Facebook Followers.
- A Turn-key business. Take over an already successful operation.
5. Established Franck Provost Hair Salon - Townsville, QLD
Price: $190,000 + SAV
The well-established franchise is located in Townsville, a densely populated city on the northeastern coast of Queensland. It is Australia's largest urban centre north of the Sunshine Coast, which makes it the ideal place to grow the business. The salon is located in Willows Shopping Centre which has been performing exceptionally well in the region and has gained a massive loyal customer base.
- Existing hair salon franchise operating in Townsville, QL
- Highly recognised brand with worldwide popularity
- Proven and profitable business model optimised for over 40 years
- Well-appointed salon with high-end facilities and trained staff
- Perfect work-life balance with an opportunity to enjoy a glamorous professional life
- Full training and marketing support along with global advertising
- Support in finance, education, HR, business management and hairdressing training
- A robust network with social and networking opportunities
6. Well-known Boutique Hair & Beauty Salon - Hobart, TAS
If you are looking to start out in your own hair and beauty salon or looking for expansion, then this truly is the best offering in the industry. A salon like Storm will not only instantly activate your market presence with over 23 years of trading and 2 senior stylists in place, and a reputation of excellence; it will cement your future within the industry.
- Great location
- Affordable rent
- Fully refurbished salon
- Exceptionally well-known brand
- Strong client base with solid forward bookings
- All team members receive a salary from the business
- Market-leading product supplier partnerships
- Year-on-Year sales growth
7. Hair Salon, Body Piercing And Retail Store - Canberra, ACT
This business offers a busy hair salon, body piercing, and beauty services, and a comprehensive range of professional haircare & beauty products from leading brands. The salon offers clients hair colouring, hair treatments, balayage, haircutting and styling, colour correction, highlights, full-colour bleaching, hair treatments, blow-dry, professional hair styling, GHD styling, and men’s haircuts. They also specialise in all beauty services including body piercing, ear piercing, and makeup beauty with a wide range of skincare and body products to choose from.
- Fully equipped Salon
- Body & ear Piercing, makeup and beauty
- Very successful retail area with leading brands
- Undercover parking
- Excellent location in a very busy mall
- Positioned with foot traffic exposure surrounded by other leading retailers
- Google rating of over 4.5
About the author
Catherine enjoys generating articles that highlight some of the opportunities that are now available for purchase on Bsale. She hails from a family of ...