Now is a Good Time to Buy a Cafe for Sale in Brisbane!
Now is a Good Time to Buy a Cafe for Sale in Brisbane!
Brisbane has long been home to a strong coffee-drinking culture. Whilst it is often overshadowed by its southern neighbours of Sydney and Melbourne, Brisbane has produced some of the best coffee roasters in Australia. We take a look at why now might be the best time to buy a cafe for sale in Brisbane.
In recent news Indigenous-led SupplyAus Holdings acquired the pioneering Brisbane coffee brand Aromas;
"Aromas Coffee Roasters, a brand that arguably founded the coffee culture of Brisbane in the 1980s, has been bought by local Indigenous-owned company SupplyAus Holdings in a deal that could see the business expand beyond the Queensland market." Business News Australia
SupplyAus already has its own established coffee brand, Dhuwa Coffee, which is sold through about 900 Woolworths stores nationally. With a strong focus on indigenous culture and employment opportunities, it looks to expand and build on the Aromas brand.
With the Olympics coming to Brisbane in 2032, all sights are set as SupplyAus co-founder Adam Williams shares;
"We are going to push and fight all the way to be the coffee brand at the Olympics in Brisbane”
Last month the Queensland government marked 10 years to the opening ceremony the of the 2023 Olympic Games. Whilst 10 years may seem like a long time, in the corporate world planning ahead is key, as shown by the recent acquisition of Aromas coffee. If your looking to buy a cafe for sale in Brisbane it could be part of a long-term plan, its a good idea to look at areas where the sporting events may be held, and develop a plan to acquire multiple cafes for sale.
Australians cherish their daily coffee ritual, with cafes seen on most street corners, and throughout shopping centres, both big and small. The coffee culture in Australia is rich and prevalent across every generation.
There are thousands of cafes for sale on Bsale for you to consider, with sunny Brisbane being a popular choice.
The Brisbane City council is dedicated to helping business owners become established and grow which is evident in their current initiative to showcase independent and artisan businesses from all over Brisbane at the Suburban Business Hub on 16 Aspinall Street, Nundah. Whilst it may not necessarily be focused on cafes for sale in Brisbane or inspiring cafe owners. It is a great way to connect with other business owners and offer support. Who knows you might just start selling artisan products in your new cafe!
A recent event was held on September 1, 2022, hosted by the Brisbane Council to answer questions about Government Grants available in Brisbane. Its these types of events that are supportive of business and encouraging to owners. If you are thinking about buying a cafe for sale, then Brisbane may just be the city you have been thinking of.
Tips for Buying a Cafe for Sale in Brisbane
If you are considering buying a cafe or coffee shop of your very own it's a good idea to know the perks over starting from scratch (which many people think is the only way!).
- Buy and Go - Buying an already established cafe for sale in Brisbane allows you to get in quickly and get to work. There will be no wait for shop fit-outs, equipment being delivered or hiring staff, as the sale of the cafe usually includes all of these things.
- Financial History - You will have records of the financial history of the cafe you are buying in Brisbane, allowing you to forecast future sales, and, if needed, make amendments to allow for more profit growth by adding in eat-in options, delivery, or extending the trading hours.
- Saving money - An entirely new shop fit out for a cafe can get quite costly (hello $200,000+), so you may be able to save money by buying a cafe for sale in Brisbane with all equipment and suppliers already established.
- Customers and Reputation - A lot of Aussies are loyal to their favourite cafes, so buying a cafe for sale in Brisbane that has established clientele and reputation allows you to build on this, rather than grow it from scratch.
- Location, Location, Location - Good spots don't always become available. When you buy a cafe for sale in Brisbane you might get it on the perfect street, in a popular park, by the train station or next to a key location for the Brisbane 2032 Olympic Games.
Take a Look at These 6 Cafes for Sale in Brisbane Right Now.
1. Renowned Brisbane Coffee Shop For Sale
Price: $220,000 WIWO
A highly successful easy-going Coffee Shop for sale. Easy to run and highly celebrated by patrons of the surrounds. The coffee shop is privately owned and on a roadside location facing a busy road. All food is freshly made and does not require heavy preparation. All Training and orientation provided.
- Suitable for an Owner Manager or Partnership.
- Widely known and visited Business
- Prime Location
- Trendy Rustic Fit Out
- Not a Franchise
- Rent $769 per Week
- T/O Minimum $14,500 per Week
2. 6-Day Drive Through Cafe Coffee Shop for Sale in Brisbane
Price: $129,000 + SAV
This unique cafe trading 6 days a week is now on the market! You don't want to miss this great opportunity if you are looking for a coffee shop that ticks all your boxes!
- $ 11,000 inc. GST in weekly sales for 6 days a week of trading, closed on Tuesdays
- Base rent is only $4,700 + GST per month
- Long 5-year lease, expires in 2027
- A unique drive-through facility in place
- An easy and simple menu, no chef required
- Great reputation, 4.8/5 stars from 100+ Google reviews
- Owner operated at the moment, all staff are willing to stay on
- Great location with ample parking, located only a 15 minute drive away from Brisbane CBD
3. 20-year Old Casual Dining Restaurant and Coffee Shop Cafe For Sale in Corinda QLD
Price: $150,000 WIWO
Eliza’s Place is a coffee shop and casual dining restaurant in Corinda, Queensland, established in 2000 and owned since 2002. The business has been family-owned for over 20 years, serving the local community. This successful business focused on fresh homestyle cooking and baking done on premises. Catering on and off-site. They are offering high teas for all occasions—breakfast, morning tea, and light lunches.
- Well-established regular client base
- Reasonable rent includes a verandah area and an off-street car park
- Village atmosphere close to public transport
- Lots of potential to grow and add services
4. High-Quality Brisbane CBD Cafe Business for Sale
Price: $315,000 + SAV
Located in the heart of the CBD within the ground floor of a nationally recognised business tower.
This highly successful café & coffee shop for sale, recognised for serving quality coffee and great food, with a lovely ambience and décor to suit. its relaxed and casual unique atmosphere, modern and traditional deco throughout, along with a welcoming display of all the house made quality fresh grab and go foods and sweet treats. The cafe has built a strong and growing customer base over many years, with very friendly and attentive staff.
- Weekly sales $25,000 + per week and strong net profit results
- Operationally fully managed business with a strong manager in place
- •Doing min 60 + kg of coffee per week
- •Trading 5 days a week from 6 am to 4 pm, closed on Weekends and Public holidays.
- •With inside seating for 50 + pax
- •This 65 sqm business, with a lease to 2029 with 5 year option
5. Cafe for Sale in Brisbane with Great Location With Patio And View
Price: $245,000 + SAV
The Little Bloomfield Cafe and Wine Bar is located adjoining the main Redlands City library in Cleveland. The location ensures great traffic flow with a captive customer base, including the main Redland Bay Council offices.
There is upside potential for a new owner to bring their own ideas to expand the cafes reach even further, e.g. open for dinners. The business also has a very strong social media outreach and is listed in the top Café Bars in Brisbane.
- Lease is until December 2023 (Options neg)
- The 150m cafe opens onto a large 120m2 patio with panoramic Raby Bay views
- The Little Bloomfield Cafe and Wine Bar has an extremely loyal and friendly customer base
- The current trading hours are 6.30am to 3.00pm, 7 days a week. Weekend breakfasts are particularly popular
- New owners can be trained if required. There are good staff in place, ready to help
6. Large Cafe for Sale – Fully Licensed – Long Lease - Brisbane
Price: $395,000 plus SAV
Neatly located in a Leafy Inner West Brisbane suburb is this award-winning licenced café now available for sale.
Established for over three years, this modern cafe for sale in Brisbane offers a bright and welcoming atmosphere accompanied by high-quality coffee, a renowned innovative seasonal menu and excellent service. Offering a stunning modern fit out which includes vast open plan dining areas, including a Greenhouse style deck dining area, humble FOH service area, a fully fitted out commercial kitchen with cool room and internal amenities such as M&F toilets.
- Sales exceeding $1.2 Million Per Year
- Excellent rent in place with 5 X 5 X 5 Year options available
- Well established and highly successful
- Award winning establishment
- Excellent functional fit-out
- Full Liquor licence
- Professional commercial kitchen
About the author
Catherine enjoys generating articles that highlight some of the opportunities that are now available for purchase on Bsale. She hails from a family of ...