Why our Capital City is Worth Considering. Check out 6 Businesses for sale in Canberra right now!
Check out 6 Businesses for sale in Canberra right now!
Australias capital city of Canberra is more then just the central hub for all things government. It is Australias laregest inbound city and also the 8th largest city in the country overall. At times, Canberra can be overlooked, since it competes with its popular east coast city siblings of Sydney and Melbourne, however now may be the time to consider buying a business in Canberra.
Canberra is very well known for not only parliament house, but it's national museseums and galleries as well as it's local natural treasures. It has commonly been referred to as the 'Bush Capital' of Australia, thanks to it being almost entirely surrounded by bush and the only capital city in the country that is entirely inland, with no coast running to either side of it.
Did You Know that Canberra is the is the only city in the world where you can skydive over the country’s parliament house? Not a fan of skydiving? It's also the only city in Australia with its own dedicated hot air ballooning festival!
Canberra is also a great place to buy a business largely due to it's proximity to the government. It's only natural to expect that those living closest to our law makers will be able to have their voices heard and influence felt thanks to those making the decisions living, working and immersing themselves in the capital city itself. In addition to this, Canberra itself is a young, innovative city, a hot bed if you will, of technological and sustainable innovations, with the ACT Government committed to providing simple, sustainable and supportive policies and legislation. When considering buying a business in Canberra, be sure to check out the Canberra Government Business website and see if you may be eligible for any grants or training that can be provided.
Sounds like a great place to set up shop and buy a business doesn't it? Here are 6 business for sale in Canberra that deserve your attention on Bsale.
1. 5 Day Woden Cafe
Price: $149,000 Plus SAV
For sale is an almost brand new cafe/ restaurant located in Woden surrounded by government buildings, residential developments and a major Westfield shopping centre. The cafe presents immaculately and sales are growing rapidly. The business also operates a food van and late morning is loaded up with hot meals and taken across town to another site that brings a separate stream of income. The highly experienced owners worked with the building developers to open the store which started trading in April 2022 and the business is growing fast and developing a fantastic reputation in this initial phase.
No specific skills are required of the buyer and there are key staff members in place (including a cook) who are willing to remain in the business and help with the transition and full training will be provided.
2. Popular & Profitable Dog & Cat Grooming Salon
Price: $125,000 + SAV
fantastic opportunity has just become available to purchase this fully established dog and cat grooming salon located in Ainslie. Ainslie is a wealthy area of retirees and younger wealthy people. The salon is the only one within a 10-15km radius of Canberra’s Inner North. There are no dog or cat grooming salons located close by and there is room for massive growth.
- Wolfys is the oldest, longest-running established dog and cat grooming salon in Canberra
- An extensive current database of 1200 currently active clients
- More than 2500 active clients in the past two years
- Booked up for months in advance with space to grow
- An established website with online booking system
3. Takeaway / Cafe
With a loyal and regular customer base, a massive room for growth, this fantastic little takeaway has been an institution for workers and visitors to the Fyshwick area for the last 30 years and is the perfect opportunity for experienced operators or first timers alike.
With minimal overheads, cheap rent and strong regular weekly sales, this business is primed to move to the next level with a new, energetic owner who is driven to take the business further.
4. Top Juice
Be part of Australia's favorite destination for delicious, healthy and convenient juice and salad! Top Juice is delighted to be able to announce the opportunity to join their growing franchise with the addition of this new site in Gungahlin.
Specialising in healthy premium juices, smoothies, yogurts and salads, Top Juice has a proven track record of success, which is poised for continued growth with successful franchised outlets in prime retail locations across NSW, ACT, VIC and QLD.
- Focused coaching during your first 3 months
- Comprehensive 4 Week training program
- On-line product ordering
- Support from Marketing Team
- Most food is prepared in the central kitchen at HQ and sent to stores Very little food prep required!
5. Gift Basket Business
Well established online gift hamper business with solid online presence and regular corporate customers, this is a bargain available right now! Business specialises in local products and provides a delivery service to local Canberra areas including regional Canberra. Also offers nationwide shipping of products.
- Commercial Lease in Fyshwick - 111m2 with indoor toilet, air conditioning and 3 car parking spaces.
- Assets included in price; including 4 x work tables, several stock shelves, 2 x computer desks, office cupboard, front refrigerator, staff room table and chairs and uniforms.
- Current stock valued at $15000 (additional to sale price)
- 1 delivery vehicle included with sale - (additional to sale price at $6k + GST).
- 2nd delivery vehicle available by negotiation - and at additional cost.
6. Established E-commerce Shoe Site
Price: $18,000 excl. GST
Work from home with flexible hours without any of the hard work of setting up an E-Commerce store, Google Ads or business social media accounts. $20K of stock and all business assets are included in the sale price of this established E-Commerce shoe site. Best Fit Shoes is already turning a profit and is hugely scalable, it is currently bringing in $6K of revenue a month with revenues increasing weekly.
- $20K of recently purchased shoe & accessories stock at cost value from popular brands like Dr. Martens, Skechers, Volleys, Pringle of Scotland and Archies are included in the sale price
- The sale price is the price of the stock at cost - the business, website, marketing assets, marketing campaigns, image library and wholesale contacts are all free
- High gross profit margin ranging from 30-70%
- Currently bringing in approximately $6K AUD a month in revenue
About the author
Catherine enjoys generating articles that highlight some of the opportunities that are now available for purchase on Bsale. She hails from a family of ...