Why You Should Consider a Commercial Business for Sale
Why You Should Consider a Freehold Commercial Business for Sale
If you are looking for a commercial business for sale you may be wondering what that includes. Often buyers get confused about the difference between commercial property and a commercial business for sale, are they the same?
Commercial property typically is an empty space that can be used for purposes such as operating a business like a cafe, restaurant, industrial, manufacturing etc. The local council will have placed a code on the property for its permitted use, and it is outlined in the sale agreement. Commercial property can be offered as freehold or leasehold.
A commercial business will have a business already established in the premises. Often you will see it advertised as a freehold commercial business as you are purchasing the actual premises and land title such as the shop, and also the business that currently operates from the premises such as Bills Supermarket. This means you have two assets; the actual property and the business. There is the option of a leasehold commercial business but essentially this is just a business for sale that has a commercial lease in place.
You will see freehold commercial business sales are more common in regional towns, though can be seen in cities as well.
- Takeaway Shops
- Corner Stores
- Petrol Stations
Buying a commercial business for sale has its advantages over just buying a business.
- No rent - When purchasing a business and the freehold commercial property attached, there will be no rent to pay every month. If you have a business loan to fund the purchase, then you will only have the loan amount to account for at the end of every month, and no worries about increases in rent, or rental agreements.
- An asset you can use if needed - You have the option of selling the business down the track whilst maintaining the commercial property and collecting rent.
- No landlord - Easily make changes to the property as the business grows.
- Potential increase in property value - A commercial property has the possibility of increasing in value.
- Improve ability to get loans - When applying for a business loan, if you have a commercial property attached to the business it can increase your chances of obtaining a loan.
Here are 3 freehold commercial businesses for sale currently on Bsale.
1. Prominent And Impressive Vineyard/Distillery - Granite Belt QLD
Price: All Offers Considered
With a full palette of flavours to stimulate the palate, this boutique vineyard, distillery, brewery and cellar door is poised to deliver impressive upside.
As a tourist highpoint and hotspot on the Granite Belt, there is a real opportunity to further expand production, distribution, tourism, guest accommodation and functions - all onsite.
Conceived in 1990, the vineyard has grown and developed into a multi-faceted business. Thirty years of invention, innovation, product development, and refining intellectual property and marketing, all the while delivering to customers award-winning and preservative-free wines, liqueurs, spirits and beers.
The business is ready to be brought to the attention of a visionary operator/producer and a broader consumer base.
Castle Glen is for sale as a Freehold Going Concern on a Walk In-Walk Out basis. All offers are considered.
2. Natural Therapy And Holistic Business And Freehold Property - Riverina, NSW
Fully operational business, salt room and freehold property for sale in the Riverina. You can live on premises.
Are you a chiropractor, acupuncturist or natural therapist looking to expand? This will be ideal for you.
This commercial property can be purchased without the current business. The business will be sold separate.
Wellness Health centre consists of:
- 11 clinic healing rooms,
- 2 full bathrooms with shower and 1 with spa bath
- 2 toilet / bathrooms
- 1 full kitchen
- 1 detox room
- 1 storage shed
- large reception
- a healing/ workshop/ yoga room
- 1 salt room
This business is 2 co-joining buildings which can be run as 2 separate businesses 1 large business or converted to 4 bedroom home with an attached business of 7/8 clinic rooms.
It does have a self-contained granny flat with a bathroom and large walk-in wardrobe ideal to stay on premises if operated as a whole business.
3. Tavern, Owner Says Sell - Pilbara, WA
An outstanding and rare opportunity to secure all components of this enterprise (property and business ) with this long-established consistently performing tavern in the heart of the resource region. It has the following enticements :
- The owner committed to his new boating venture
- Leasehold only $675K WIWO
- Property (Optional)
- Practically under management with minimal owner involvement in the daily operations.
- Tavern License - 300
- Currently trades 6 days only (2 lunches) . Able to extend
- T/O approx 3 mil. EBITDA:$500k
- Market yield (9% -10%)
- Solid town through all cycles and is in the hub of the resource-rich surrounds.
- Great investment with minimal risk
About the author
Catherine enjoys generating articles that highlight some of the opportunities that are now available for purchase on Bsale. She hails from a family of ...